This attempt (conversion of wmf/emf to png) did not work, as the
colleague has just informed me. He is using Windows 10 (22H2, x64) and
Microsoft 356 (current version). His error starts with an invitation to
repair the pptx followed by a statement that some of the pptx
(protected) content could not be repaired and is removed. I am trying
to find out which content may have been removed, as that would be the
potential culprit.

Cheers
Harvey